Friday, December 28, 2012

Winter Break!

I had the most wonderful little break at home! I was in Phoenix for 10 days and loved every second of it. 


The first night was spent at a wonderful little place called Casey Moore's in Tempe. They had great beer, great music, and I was with great friends. 

My Mom, Zack's Mom, and Zack's Aunt went to this AMAZING little vintage shop called Sweet Salvage. They do a new theme and have new merchandise the third Thursday of every month. This month was themed French Flea Market, so obviously I was in heaven. I bought some tea cups to make candles with... you'll see later next month ;)


My friends and I have this tradition of making gingerbread houses every year before Christmas. We've done it for the past 5 years and has been one of my fondest memories. My friend Whitney's parents usually judge the houses, and mine was definitely judged "weirdest". What else could you expect from me, though? 
   


 Zack and I went to Cabela's, which is such a cool place! If you're outdoor-sy in any way, you have to go there. They even have a shooting game, which Zack whooped my butt at!

Zack seared us some AMAZING beef tenderloin for Christmas Eve dinner. It was so good, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! I'm so lucky to have such a great cook, since I don't. 


On one of the last nights, the girls and our Moms and I went to Postino in Phoenix! The Arcadia area, to be exact. That place has the most amazing bruschetta you will EVER taste. We stopped at La Grande Orange after, which is one of my favorite places!
 

My fun time in Phoenix ended with a birthday breakfast (for me!) at NCounter on Mill in Tempe with my girls. They put together a great little Anthropologie gift box for me, which I absolutely adored! Yes, that is a wedding book. No, I'm not engaged. Just weird. 

Whitney also gave us her official "Will You Be My Bridesmaid" gifts! Of course, I said yes! I'm a little obsessed with her wedding... and weddings in general. My poor boyfriend. 

 Last but not least, my parents took me out to dinner at Red Lobster for my birthday! I nommed on 1 and a half pounds of pure crab and finished every bite. Thanks Dad!


xo



No comments:

Post a Comment