Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Crafting!

I decided to start this blog shortly after making TONS of holiday crafts! So that's what the first post will be about :)

All of these ideas are from other blogs (via Pinterest), but made my own way! Enjoy!

The first craft was a few Anthro-inspired snowglobes. Here is the original post!


I bought the mason jars and little people from Michaels. The people came from the "Christmas Village" section of the store! The little trees came from JoAnns. 
*Tip: JoAnns accepts Michaels coupons! They also both have iPhone apps with coupons on them!*




My second crafty things were scrappy ornaments! You can find the original blog post here. 
I didn't change anything about this project! I used leftover scraps of fabric that I used for another project





 These "ninja-bread men" came from World Market! Honestly, I love that store to pieces. 


 I was running out of magnetic poetry (between moving dorms so many times in college, they got lost. A lot.)! I decided to make my own. 
Supplies needed:
- Magnet sheet from Michaels ($9.99 but cheaper with 40% off coupon)
- Computer with a word processor
- Printer
- Scissors
That's it!

I just started a Word document with 4 columns and started writing words. I tried to make doubles of commonly used words - I, you, are, me, we, do, go, etc. I also did some funny words, such as porcupine, pickle, scrappy, and more. One personal touch was putting mine and my roommates names in there, too. Maybe I'll come home to some messages one day! 

Anyways, then I just printed out the words and stuck them on the sticky side of the magnet sheet. I cut them out with scissors, and voila! 

*Tip: Double stacking magnet sheets will help the magnets to be stronger and stick to the fridge (or whatever) better!*






Now THIS one was easy. As always, here is the original blog post!
Supplies:
- Gold glitter
- Elmer's glue
- Christmas lights
- Artist's tape (white)
- Silver and gold paint pens

For the Merry and Bright canvas, all I did was write on it with the paint pens. Then I taped lights to the back using the artist's tape! For the tall canvas with the circles, I just drew on circles with the gold paint pen, then put dots of glue in the center of a few, then glittered! The reindeer was the same; I just traced on a silhouette of a deer, then painted glue on. Then glitter, glitter, glitter!




 This project was tedious, but turned out great! The original project and templates are here
For the backings of the letters, I just used old scrapbook paper I had laying around. I found some cute little clothespins at Michaels as well as some thicker hemp chord. Easy peasy!



That's all for today! xo









No comments:

Post a Comment