Monday, December 17, 2012

Gluten-free, coffee, and more crafts.

So since the week before Thanksgiving, I've been gluten-free. At first it was medically ordered, and now I'm just doing it because it simply FEELS GOOD! I have way more energy, and just feel lighter and happier in general. I found these amazing GF lemon poppyseed muffins the other day and just HAD to share.
I also wanted to take some time and declare my love for Macy's Coffee in Flagstaff. I have been spending so much time there recently that I wanted to share a picture of what I get to experience every time :) I painted that mug myself, by the way.


Okay, now onto crafts. I got on another crafting kick today and decided to make something original that I thought of before I fell asleep last night. I'm pretty sure that the best ideas come to me before I fall asleep, and I'm pretty lucky I remembered that one. Can anybody relate to that?
Anyways, you'll need:
 -a few sticks (I found them in my backyard)
- paint (I used silver)
- an empty jar (I used an old apple sauce jar)
- elmer's glue
- lots of GLITTER!
- fake snow

So what I did first was draw patterns on the jar with glue. Then I poured glitter all over it! While that was drying, I painted the ends of the sticks with silver paint. Then I used small amounts of glitter to make stripes around the wet paint. Then I poured a ton of fake snow in the jar (it was leftover from the snowglobes I made previously). I put the sticks in the jar, and tied a bit of twine around the neck of the jar. Ta-da! 

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment